CCTV South wins ‘Leading CCTV & Electrical Experts’ award…
We are proud to announce CCTV South has been awarded ‘Leading CCTV & Electrical Experts’ award in the Design & Build Awards 2019 and have been featured in the latest issue of BUILD magazine.
Hikvision demonstration there commitment to using the best in security and quality
Hikvision has been awarded cyber essential plus status from NCSC – the highest accreditation in the programme. A further demonstration of there commitment to security and quality. Well done Hikvision Check out for more details https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/
Link to Hikvision press release – LINK
Phishing attacks have become more sophisticated and users need simple steps they can use to protect themselves from becoming victims of phishing scams. Follow these 5 steps to avoid being a victim and protect yourself from phishing attack scams.
1. Be Skeptical: It is better to err on the side of caution. Unless you are 100% sure that a particular message is legitimate, assume it is not. You should never supply your username, password, account number or any other personal or confidential information via email and you should not reply directly to the email in question. If you the user really suspects that an e-mail is legit, they should: 1) close their e-mail client, 2) close ALL browser windows, 3) open a brand new browser, 4) surf to the e-commerce company’s site as they normally would. If there’s anything wrong with their account, there will be a message at the site when they log in. We need people to close their email readers and browsers first, just in case an attacker sent a malicious script or pulled another fast one to direct the user to a different site.
2. Let Your Web Browser Warn You: The latest generation web browsers, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Safari come with built-in phishing protection. These browsers will analyze websites and compare them against known or suspected phishing sites and warn you if the site you are visiting may be malicious or illegitimate.
3. Do Your Homework: When your bank statements or account details arrive, whether in print or through electronic means, analyze them closely. Make sure there are no transactions that you can’t account for and that all of the decimals are in the right spots. If you find any problems contact the company or financial institution in question immediately to notify them.
4. Use The Old-Fashioned Way: An even safer means of verifying if an email regarding your account is legitimate or not is to simply delete the email and pick up the phone. Rather than risking that you may somehow be emailing the attacker or misdirected to the attacker’s replica website, just call customer service and explain what the email stated to verify if there is truly a problem with your account or if this is simply a phishing scam.
5. Report Suspicious Activity: If you receive emails that are part of a phishing scam or even seem suspicious you should report them. There is plenty more information on the National Fraud &Cyber Crime Reporting Centre website or call 03001232040 Link
HELPING US TO PROTECT YOU, WE USE ONE OF THE BEST ALARM RECEIVING CENTRE’S IN EUROPE
We have set up a partnership with an Alarm Receiving Centre (ARC) to monitor your CCTV, Intruder Alarm, Fire Alarm or even Lone working. If your system has an activation the operators will follow and take appropriate action. The control room is manned 24/7/365 and one of the best in Europe. Costs from as little as £1.50 per day.
Contact me for more information firstname.lastname@example.org or 07584358423
More information coming soon.
Protecting your home while on your holidays
It is the time of year that we start thinking about our holidays, frantically packing our suitcases and ensuring we have the adequate insurance to protect ourselves whilst we are away. Of course, for most of us, our properties stand empty and consequently it’s during this period when your home is most at risk from burglary. Security must be at its peak, so here are 6 tips to help safeguard your home.
- Before you leave for the airport, check that your burglar alarm works. It sounds obvious, but very few people actually complete this vital precaution.
- Install lights which turn on automatically according to a timer. These – or apps which allow you to control lighting remotely –
Social Media Tips to help protect you.
Social media is a part of modern life with many people posting every day, but most don’t think about just who can access the information they post. It might come as a surprise to know that 78% of burglars use Facebook and Twitter to target potential properties.
Here’s is my top 10 tips for staying safe on social:
1. Don’t ‘check-in’ at airports or holiday destinations on social channels. This tells people you’re out of the country and not home.
2. Don’t announce when you’re going on holiday.
CCTV south is a local, family business. We pride ourselves in working with the community, our philosophy is to create a safer environment for our children and families. We have Smart CCTV cameras and intruder alarm systems, accessed remotely from your smart device. Please get in touch for a chat or a free no obligation quote.
4 Avery Fields,
Allbrook, Eastleigh, SO50 4BY
Email : email@example.com